Well Grounded: Barista Careers in Bristol’s Café and Coffee Industry
Can your business help launch a Barista Career?
Well Grounded is a free employability and training programme, in partnership with Bristol based Wogan Coffee. The programme aims to support unemployed individuals across the local Bristol community with the skills to thrive in the coffee industry.
Combining classroom training, in our Speciality Coffee Training Academy, alongside real work experience. Our trainees have a holistic learning opportunity that builds their confidence and ability to succeed in the workplace. We empower people with the skills, training, mentorship, and qualifications they need to access work in the specialty coffee industry. Our aftercare programme transitions over 70% of our Graduates into work, further training and education and provides ongoing free wellbeing and coffee training. Well Grounded employer partners play a pivotal role by hosting work placement, adding value to individual lives and the talent across the industry.
- Could your business or community cafe offer an unpaid work placement to an individual undertaking Barista Training?
- Could you give on-the-job work experience for a trainee working in your cafe space – hosting 2 x 6-hour shifts per week over 5 weeks (10 shifts in total, 60 hours overall?
Benefits of hosting a work placement
- Supporting individuals in the Bristol community with the skills to find permanent work.
- Finding a new pipeline of talent for your business (now or in the future)
- Upskilling your current team with new leadership, mentoring and management responsibilities
- Sharing the diversity of your workplace and commitment to training local people with your customers and employees
Is there a financial cost to hosting a work placement? There are no financial obligations to your organisation whilst the trainee is on programme. Should the trainee need support with additional costs incurred to them, based on individual circumstances, Well Grounded can support.
Please see the attached leaflet for more details and/or visit Home – WellGroundedJobs
Interested or have another question? Contact Well Grounded’s Partnerships Manager
Emma Salah email@example.com